mhonarc-users

Re: error messages

1999-11-16 14:39:31
On November 16, 1999 at 11:01, Louis N Proyect wrote:

Can't modify keys in scalar assignment at
/users/lnp3/MHonArc2.4.4/lib/mhutil.pl line 123, near "$hs;"

    what /users/lnp3/MHonArc2.4.4/lib/mhutil.pl

The what command told me that there were no "hey's". Is this the right
command? In any case, the alternative approach below yields:

Since you are using NetBSD, the SCCS what command is probably not
available.  It is not part of Linux (which I develop on), but I
use a freely available SCCS clone.

##      @(#) mhutil.pl 2.8 99/10/01 00:26:45

I was up late.

Also what version of Perl are you using.  The following will
tell you:

    perl -V

This is perl, version 5.005_02 built for i386-netbsd

My guess is you have a bad build of perl.  I had no errors with

    This is perl, version 5.005_02 built for sun4-solaris

You may want upgrade perl anyway since 5.005_02 is not the latest.

The offending statement is in an eval block, so if a version of perl
has a problem with the statement, it should be quitely ignored.  However,
your build is not even handling the eval block properly.

You can try deleting the offending line from mhutil.pl (it should
not affect functionality) and see what happens.