mhonarc-users

Re: error messages

1999-11-11 15:56:15
On 11/11/99 at 2:21 PM, lnp3(_at_)columbia(_dot_)edu (Louis Proyect) wrote:

Actually, after Earl made the suggestion to make sure that Perl 5 was
being executed, I definded its full path on #!. But even this did not
work,

You haven't posted a procmail recipe that I've seen, but I'm guessing
that you're invoking your script with a procmail command like:

    | perl /usr/home/lnp3/scripts/mhonarc.pl

In that case, if "perl" is being resolved by your system to perl4 (as it
would be at my hosting provider), then whatever you put on the #! line
will be ignored, as the script is already being handled by perl 4 by the
time that line is evaluated.  So, to reiterate my earlier suggestion:

if your script is found at:

    /usr/home/lnp3/scripts/mhonarc.pl

and perl 5 is found at

    /usr/local/bin/perl5

then try explictly telling procmail to invoke

    | /usr/local/bin/perl5 /usr/home/lnp3/scripts/mhonarc.pl

BTW, on my question earlier today, I have a feeling that it is just a
permissions problem, but want Earl to confirm that.

I don't know what this means.

  -nat