mhonarc-users

newbie question

1999-12-13 20:42:32

        Heyaz. I looked in the mail archives, and could only
find a single mention of this problem, and the solution
described didn't help. So, I'm re-submitting...thanks in
advance for the patience!
        Just installed perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3
for sunos 4.1.4, using gcc 2.7.2), but not in /usr/local/bin.
The one there is 4.0.1.8, and I'm not authorized to move it.
Also, during the perl build I was unable to activate the setuid
options regarding "#!" useage. Again, needed (and don't have)
root access. Installed mhonarc according to the destructions,
got all the prefixes and so forth set accoringly.
        So, perl and mhonarc are installed, but "./mhonarc" in
the bin directory (~/mhonarc/bin/) yields only "command
not found". Top 4 lines of the script are, of course:

#!/user/pub/perl5.005_03/bin/perl
use lib qw(/user/sbest/util/MHonArc2.4.4/lib/site_perl/5.005);
/user/pub/perl5.005_03/bin/perl
use lib qw(/user/sbest/util/MHonArc2.4.4/lib/site_perl/5.005);

        If I comment out the 1st and 2nd lines, I no longer
get a "command not found" error with "mhonarc -help", but an
endless loop simply hangs. I presume this has something to
do with the #! useage in other of the ./bin/mha* scripts.
But am not sure.
        Any help appreciated...thanks in advance!

-Scott