mhonarc-users

Re: why no META tag for charset?

2000-04-20 19:58:10
In mhonarc.rc (in our installation in mhonarc/lib/perl5/site_perl/ )
you can override the <MsgPgBegin> <IdxPgBegin> and similar with
entries like
--
<MsgPgBegin>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML//EN">

Of course you will want to convert incoming mail the that
character set beforehand. Also, this does not cover the
Subject: lines, attachment etc. Worst: to me it seems more
like *localization* (forcing things into one language/charset)
than *internationalization* (allowing coexistence of a mess).
I dont think one HTML page can handle several character sets.
So producing a meaningful international index page will
always require a universal character set.

Can somebody shed light on how to deal with the Subject fields?

Oskar