mhonarc-users

Re: charset problem

2000-06-05 17:07:37
Hello!

I am having a problem with "unrecognized character set windows-1252".

You can basically ignore this error.

OK, lets say I just feel better if I don't see that :-)

def-mime.mrc ist includet, the CharsetConverters section is expandet
like you see:

<CharsetConverters>
[...]
windows-1252;   iso_8859::str2sgml;     iso8859.pl
[...]
</CharsetConverters>

iso_8859::str2sgml does not have a charset table for windows-1252.
So only HTML specials will be converted to entity references.

I was shure about this is not the correct table. Hoped that unknown
chars would pass unfiltered.
So, should I use "mhonarc::htmlize;" for a better approach?

But I still get the error. Please show me up what I can do.

Did you apply your resource file to mhonarc using the -rcfile option?

Yes, I can see it in the mhonacr.db file like:

%readmail::MIMECharSetConverters=(
[...]
'windows-1252','iso_8859::str2sgml',
[...]

Another question: where do I find input on how to get the search feature
running like at http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/mhonarc/? at
my NT box?

Do not know about search engines for WinNT?

Maybe there is a perl script someone successfully runs on NT?

I am converting from Netscape 4.7 mail files. Are there any well
known traps I might stumble in?

Thanx,
ciao
Xandl