mhonarc-users

<BotLinks> and $SUBJECT$

2000-07-21 18:52:02
Hi all!

I'm trying to define the layout of the links that appear at the bottom
of the page and seem to have found an anomaly: When I call the $SUBJECT$
_or_ $SUBJECTNA$ explicitly (with their arguments) in the <BotLinks>
resource, both return the same value  - The subject text of the message
*WITHOUT* the anchor element. When referred to _without_ the arguments
in the <FolUpLITxt> resource or the <RefsLITxt> resource, however,
$SUBJECT$ correctly returns the hyperlinked Subject text. (See the
included resource file at the end of this message.)

e.g., I've noticed that the documentation describes the default value of
the <PrevLink> resource as:

<PrevLink>
<LI>Prev by sort-type:
<STRONG><A HREF="$MSG(PREV)$">$SUBJECT(PREV)$</A></STRONG>
</LI>
</PrevLink>

...and from the Resource Variable Index:

$SUBJECT$
Arguments:  mesg_spec
that hyperlinks to the message.

$SUBJECTNA$
Arguments:  mesg_spec

Am I overlooking something? Is the <PrevLink> resource description
correct? It seems redundant to wrap anchor tags around a hyperlink...

I've included the section of my resource file that defines these
resources below.

--
Eric P.
SunPS Web Infrastructure Team