mhonarc-users

Re: Idea for the future

2000-11-30 13:59:52
Hi Claire,

A d/b-driven system would also make it much easier to roll out layout
changes, which can be a real pain on a static system.

I currently use a single CSS file to format all six of my MHonArc
archives. This means I can change the layout of thousands of pages by
changing a few lines in a text file. None of the HTML needs to be
changed or uploaded to the server. The page just renders with the new
settings next time the user visits the archive or hits "refresh".

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)