mhonarc-users

RE: Threading problem

2001-02-13 16:44:18
The regex s/// is doing the substitution one time.  Add a /g at the end
should make the substition global.  So:

s/^\[List-Name\]\s*//g;

I hope this works for you :)

Keep in mind, that it will also replace any other instances of the listname
in the subject, so if someone's message was
"I'm having problems with THELIST", then that will be changed to "I'm having
problems with.".  I suppose a more sophisticated regex might be able to look
for the re: first, and only replace in those instances, but I'll leave that
for someone better at regex than myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
[mailto:owner-mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu]On
Behalf Of Stefan Probst
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 5:53 AM
To: Earl Hood
Cc: mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
Subject: Re: Threading problem

Hello Earl,

first thanks for MHonArc. Even me lefthander, on a remote virtual server,
got it running... :)

I found your post in the archives.
I tried:
<SUBJECTSTRIPCODE>
s/^\[List-Name\]\s*//;
</SUBJECTSTRIPCODE>
works fine for the first message in a thread.
The second message gets treated as a thread (i.e. the "Re:" is
recognized), but the [List-Name] is there again:

* the subject
*    Re: [List-Name] the subject
                     ^---- there is a space

Both in the main index and also in the thread index.
How can do?

Thanks!
Stefan in Hanoi

PS: Pls. cc to me, since I am not in the list.