mhonarc-users

[OT] mod_gzip (was Limiting Archive size)

2001-07-06 00:43:28
Where the happy spot is for you is a local decision.  I don't like
paged indexes so I don't do those.  I break my archives into periods

It seems paged indexes would be more usable than having a 2000
message listing on a single page.  Takes awhile to load over slow
connections.

Although I agree that 2000 messages would be pretty unbearable on a
single page, I've recently become a big proponent of mod_gzip on my
Apache server.  A file that used to take 60 seconds to load on a
56.6K modem now takes around 7 seconds...

   http://www.remotecommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/

Now you can push the envelope and have 16,000 messages on a single
page.  :)

Chris