mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc and multi-byte characters in HTML

2001-09-30 23:30:40
"Takashi P.KATOH" wrote:
I have assembled a patch for MHonArc 2.5.0b2.  There is an increasing
demand to handle Japanese HTML messages correctly,

I totally agree with you about this, but I have a question.
Which problems of MHonArc (not Wilma) will be solved with
this patch?

Instead of answering your question, I would like to ask you a question.
What should be the correct "charset" parameter of HTML files generated
by MHonArc?

I hope this functionality will be merged into the regular distribution
as a configurable option.

Maybe Nakatani-san has already noticed this, I guess this
patch has (at least) one problem: the messages written in
iso-2022-jp-2 will be broken, won't they?

That why I hope the patch to be merged as a configurable option, not a
default behavior.  Besides, I assume the share of mail messages written
in ISO-2022-JP-2 is less than 1/100,000 of Japanese messages.  In short,
ISO-2022-JP-2 is dead.