mhonarc-users

Re: mhonarc 2.5.0 infinite loop on index creation?

2001-11-12 19:12:43
On November 12, 2001 at 13:12, Jason Molenda wrote:

I upgraded sources.redhat.com/gcc.gnu.org to mhonarc 2.5.0 on
Sunday.  I host around 150 mailing lists on this site.  It looked
like everything was OK for a short while, but it's gone haywire
today.  Every time a note is added to a mailing list, mhonarc
generates all the index files, and then regenerates them ad naseum.
I'm looking at a mhonarc that's running in the gcc-patches November
directory with 700 messages, and it's been generating indexes
continuously for the last half an hour.

Do you have a reproducable test case?  What do you exactly mean
by "generating indexes continuously for the last half an hour?"
By chance, are you using the OTHERINDEXES resource?

I don't _think_ this is due to a configuration problem on my end.
I've been using mhonarc for the last three years without incident.
My .mrc files are on-line here.  I've been upgrading through the
2.4.x series, and until yesterday I was running 2.4.9.
      http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/infra/ml-archiving/

Are you using any custom filters?  The MIMEFILTERS API changed, but
I would doubt it would cause the problem you are experiencing.

If I can provide any more information, please let me know.  This
system has a lot of mailing list volume and I'm anxious to fix
this.  Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Not at the moment.  Can you provide links to the resource files
that you use?

--ewh