mhonarc-users

Re: mhonarc 2.5.0 infinite loop on index creation?

2001-11-12 23:51:48
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 04:48:33PM -0800, Earl Hood wrote:
On November 12, 2001 at 13:12, Jason Molenda wrote:
I upgraded sources.redhat.com/gcc.gnu.org to mhonarc 2.5.0 on
Sunday.  I host around 150 mailing lists on this site.  It looked
like everything was OK for a short while, but it's gone haywire
today.  Every time a note is added to a mailing list, mhonarc
generates all the index files, and then regenerates them ad naseum.
I'm looking at a mhonarc that's running in the gcc-patches November
directory with 700 messages, and it's been generating indexes
continuously for the last half an hour.

Do you have a reproducable test case?  What do you exactly mean
by "generating indexes continuously for the last half an hour?"
By chance, are you using the OTHERINDEXES resource?

I'm helping out Jason with this.  I'm a complete novice to mhonarc, but
I think that the answer to your question is "yes".

The mhonarc invocation looks like this:

cat $TMPFILE |
$MHONARC -rcfile $MRCFILE \
         -otherindexes $DATEMRC -quiet -add -outdir $ARCHDIR \
         -definevar "TIME-PERIOD='${DATE_ENGLISH}' ML-BASE-URL='${BASE_URL}' \
                     DATE-DIRNAME='${DATESPEC}' SHORT-PROJECT-NAME='$1' \
                     RAW-MSG-NUM='${c}'"

MRCFILE is one of two things: date-highvolume.mrc or date-lowvolume.mrc .

According to Jason, it sounds like date-highvolume.mrc might be the problematic
one.  You can look at it here:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/infra/ml-archiving/date-highvolume.mrc?rev=1.24&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I can provide more details if you want but I'll probably just be
a typing monkey for a while until I get up to speed on this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

cgf