mhonarc-users

Re: Multi-Directory archives

2002-12-08 23:09:23
On December 8, 2002 at 21:58, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

I just installed Mhonarc and ran it successfully against an old archive
(news spool directories).

However, I'm trying to figure out how to get a "main page" that will list
the various subdirectories (news groups) as well, and from there someone
can browse those indices...    I looked at the program options, but wasn't
certain where to go from here.

This is outside of the scope of mhonarc.  You will need a front-end
that walks the news spool directories and calls mhonarc for each
directory giving a different OUTDIR setting for each directory and
the generates a master index page for all the directories converted.

A simple shell, or Perl, script could be written to do it.