mhonarc-users

Re: spam-proofing my mhonarc archive

2003-02-17 13:35:40
Mark Stosberg wrote:
Here's another simple trick for protecting addesses, "the m script".
You can install a simple script (example below), so that an address
like this:

http://host.com/cgi-bin/m/marka(_at_)afoo(_dot_)com

This creates a valid mailto: link for mark(_at_)foo(_dot_)com(_dot_)

Interesting. I didn't know that the Location header could be used that way.

I like this solution because it's "user friendly" in the sense the users are presented with adddresses they can use directly without further decoding. It's also easy to update the pattern replacement to
be even harder to guess for the robots.

True. And it's not dependent on client-side JavaScript, for instance. Almost as good as contact forms. ;-)

/ Gunnar

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson