mhonarc-users

Re: Using MHonArc as more than an archive?

2003-06-23 20:28:56
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:24:13 -0400
Steve Rothman <Steve(_dot_)Rothman(_at_)creo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Some people might rather use a "bulletin board" type interface to a
mailing list, (ie: subscribe to the list, then put themselves on
"nomail" status, and just review the archive on a regular basis) and
it occurs to me that MHonArc is already pretty close.

This is (partially) what I do at Kanga.Nu with MHonArc generating
templatised PHP pages which in turn contain code for TTW replies to
archived postings.  See the archives at Kanga.Nu for the rendition,
links from the MHonArc docs for the other URLs, and ftp.kanga.nu for the
necessary RCs etc.

* Some sort of link on each page so that the message being read could
be responded to, back to the mailing list address, with the
appropriate subject line, from line, and headers, so it would work
properly with the threading.  I guess this would require some sort of
script that is executed at the time the user clicks the link.

Done this.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?