mhonarc-users

Re: How can I hide authors on thread index pages?

2005-07-21 12:47:53
Dear Mhonarc-users,

In my tests, I was using the example subject.mrc file,
cut down to simply this:

  <!-- BEGIN subject.mrc
  modified by IDB from EHW's example subject.mrc 21.7.2005 -->

  <Subject>
  </Subject>

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge there is no
<Subject> resource:
- not in subject.mrc
- not in the resource file you provided a link to
- not in the MHonArc resource index

Hmm. This is a good question: I can't remember where this
came from. Back to the drawing board.

Please be more careful with what info you provide if you
want help.

Yes, quite. I did post my initial query with the best
intentions and made it as accurate as possible, but I see
now that I should also have made it clear that I was using a
small number of messages (the real archive has 12000+
messages), and was using only subject.mrc as the sole
resource file (in a separate directory).

But the <TLITXT> resource does, and since you haven't
included that in your resource file, it defaults to:

<snip>

Does that possibly point you in the right direction? :)

Possibly! I tried the following:

  <SubjectBegin>
  </SubjectBegin>

  <SubjectEnd>

  </SubjectEnd>

  <TLiTxt>

  </TLiTxt>

and it seems to work. Can anyone else confirm it does for
them, too?

Off now to test against the full 12000-message archive. :-)

Best wishes,

Iain.

--
Iain Brown