Re: Problem with search using namazu for Japanese strings

2001-07-22 23:07:48
In article
<20010722103140(_dot_)26290(_dot_)qmail(_at_)web14901(_dot_)mail(_dot_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
sandeepr_namazu(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com writes:

 I am having problems with searching the japanese
strings. I did all the installations without setting
the LANG=ja option. Now when I set the option to ja I
try to run the mknmz command I get an error message
saying : "Not a catalog file"

It's gettext's probrem.
Solaris has own gettext functions, but Namazu expects GNU gettext.

So you need to rebuild Namazu with --with-included-gettext option in
configure script.

I tried reinstalling the namazu with the LANG=ja
option; then during the make check; gave the following
problems :
=====================
18 of 27 tests failed
=====================

followed by the different errors such as :
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`check-TESTS'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`check-am'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`check-recursive'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`check-recursive'

Hmm... it should be make's probrem or shell's probrem. If the error's
reason is the latter, it should be our mistake.
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok(_at_)daionet(_dot_)gr(_dot_)jp