RE: Query about namazu installation & use

2001-07-12 03:25:30
Hi,

a) I don't fully understand what you mean, but if you can have an NFS share
between your servers, you'll be able to use them as normal paths. Maybe have
a look at NFS.
b) I don't think there's a Java API for Namazu, but a CGI script if supplied
with the distribution, it's very simple to use.
c) you can create as many indexex you want. For instance, if you have
http://casualsurfer-address/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi
http://registereduser-address/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi

place a file .namazurc in http://casualsurfer-address/cgi-bin where you
specify the path of the index that namazu.cgi must use. Do the same with
registered users. Differents indexes are created with the command-line, so
have a look to the documentation which is quickly read and easy to
understand.
You can also restrict access to some paths, but you'd better read the doc
where all is explained.

bye,

Bastien.