[Namazu-users-en] Re: "Error! can't open the result format file"

2008-05-08 11:19:30
On Fri, 9 May 2008, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

Hugh Sasse wrote:

C:\namazu\share\locale>mknmz --version
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\
namazu\bin/mknmz line 250.

"C:\ namazu\bin/mknmz"

Is the space included in passing why? (NO "C:\namazu\bin\mknmz" it Why)

Might be the result of pasting..... (Mail is composed on a sun, using PuTTY
from the WinXP machine...)  Yes, it was an artefact of pasting. Sorry. The
line is unfolded where the space got inserted.

Does pltests become All PASS?

OK, that fails immediately.  I have Cygwin on here, and so I avoid the
cygwin interpreter by invoking the file directly:

C:\namazu\pltests>alltests.pl
Can't locate NKF.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/
Perl/lib .) at pltests.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at pltests.pl line 34.
Compilation failed in require at C:\namazu\pltests\alltests.pl l
ine 28.

C:\namazu\pltests>

Try to install Namazu often reading README.txt.

I read that.  Much of it is about HTTP related stuff that I don't need,
and it is not clear which bits are essential, which are optional.

I have:

   ActivePerl
   Windows XP SP 2
   msvcr71.dll   in \Windows\System32
   redist\vcredist_x86.exe    I have two, but one is in the namazu package.
                              Does it need to be on %PATH% ?  Neither is yet.
   namazu and kakasi copied to C:\

   I don't know what the PPM package is.  I don't plan to search images
   so I didn't install it. pbm, ppm are image types.  Now, however:

C:\Documents and Settings\hgs\My Documents\downloads\nmz2.0.18.0
01-win32\nmz2.0.18.001-win32>call ppm install http://www.akaneir
o.jp/PPMPackages/800/NKF.ppd -force
Downloading NKF-2.07.1...done
Unpacking NKF-2.07.1...done
Generating HTML for NKF-2.07.1...done
Updating files in site area...done
   7 files installed
Downloading File-MMagic-1.27...done
Unpacking File-MMagic-1.27...done
Generating HTML for File-MMagic-1.27...done
Updating files in site area...done
   2 files installed
Downloading Text-Kakasi-2.04.1...done
Unpacking Text-Kakasi-2.04.1...done
Generating HTML for Text-Kakasi-2.04.1...done
Updating files in site area...done
   9 files installed
Downloading Search-Namazu-0.96.2...done
Unpacking Search-Namazu-0.96.2...done
Generating HTML for Search-Namazu-0.96.2...done
Updating files in site area...done
   8 files installed

C:\Documents and Settings\hgs\My Documents\downloads\nmz2.0.18.0
01-win32\nmz2.0.18.001-win32>

   Similarly now done ext-uninst; ext-inst
   I'm not using this for the web, so I have not set HTTP_proxy.

   I have added \namazu\bin to %PATH% already.
   I have NOT set %HOME% to namazu, %HOME% is already set to my
   home directory, and is used elsewhere.  What will break in this case?
   If it is necessary, I would suggest allowing %NAMAZU_HOME% or similar.

Pretty much set the remainder as recommended.

Now I get [ I have not unfolded the lines]:

C:\namazu\pltests>pltests.pl
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/NKF/NKF.dll' for module NKF: l
oad_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/l
ib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at C:\namazu\pltests\pltests.pl line 34
Compilation failed in require at C:\namazu\pltests\pltests.pl li
ne 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\namazu\pltests\pltests.p
l line 34.

C:\namazu\pltests>alltests
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/NKF/NKF.dll' for module NKF: l
oad_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/l
ib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at pltests.pl line 34
Compilation failed in require at pltests.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at pltests.pl line 34.
Compilation failed in require at alltests.bat line 41.

C:\namazu\pltests>

Invoking this without the commandline, i.e double-clicking
I get a popup message:
  The pocedure entry point Perl_newXS_flags could not be
  located in the dynamic link library perl58.dll
in a popup.

I don't know if having the cygwin tools on my path is causing this.
I'm not sure how to find out: `which` only searches cygwin AFAICS.

        Thank you
        Hugh