[Namazu-users-en] Re: "Error! can't open the result format file"

2008-05-09 03:33:44
On Fri, 9 May 2008, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

Hugh Sasse wrote:

Execute "Redist\vcredist_x86.exe", and install run time.

Thanks, will do..  OK, some characters unreadable to me, but there
seemed to be no errors.

The error is sure not to occur if correctly installed.

I'm sorry, I did not write that clearly.  I ran
redist\vcredist_x86.exe
The messages that came up were not legible. [I assume they were
Japanese, but I don't have the right character sets, so they did not
look like Japanese.]  There was nothing that looked to me like an
error dialogue.  So I think all is well for that package.  I believe
it ran successfully.  Is there another way to test that?

   I don't know what the PPM package is.  I don't plan to search images
   so I didn't install it. pbm, ppm are image types.  Now, however:

PPM is Perl Package Module. (It doesn't relate to image file format
.ppm.)
The installation of PPM is indispensable.

OK, I see it now,

C:\Documents and Settings\hgs>ppm --version
ppm 4.01

It is not so.

The ppm command is a command to operate the installation of PPM package
etc.
I say that the installation of not the ppm command but PPM package
is necessary.

Right. this must be my problem.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm install PPM
Downloading PPM-2.1.7...done
Unpacking PPM-2.1.7...done
Generating HTML for PPM-2.1.7...done
Updating files in site area...done
  15 files installed
   1 file updated

Open the command prompt, and install PPM.
Occupy the following execution result.

C:\> perl --version

C:\Documents and Settings\hgs>perl --version

        [...]

Do not omit, and write everything.
Important information that wants to be confirmed has come off.

C:\namazu\pltests>perl --version

Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall

Binary build 820 [274739] provided by ActiveState http://www.Act
iveState.com
Built Jan 23 2007 15:57:46

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic L
icense or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 sou
rce kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be
found on
this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have acc
ess to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl H
ome Page.

So I give you perl -V as well (It is long, the end is marked by EO_PERL_V,
like a "here document"):

C:\namazu\pltests>perl -V
Set up gcc environment - 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using
 dmd 0.125)
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 8) configur
ation:
  Platform:
    osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-threa
    uname=''
    config_args='undef'
    hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef
    usethreads=define use5005threads=undef useithreads=define us
emultiplicity=define
    useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=
undef
    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='gcc', ccflags ='-DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT
-DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO_HASH_SEED -DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DPERL_IMPL
ICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READ
FIX -DHASATTRIBUTE -fno-strict-aliasing',
    optimize='-O2',
    cppflags='-DWIN32'
    ccversion='', gccversion='3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12,
using dmd 0.125)', gccosandvers=''
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=12
34
    d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdbls
ize=10
    ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='_
_int64', lseeksize=8
    alignbytes=8, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='g++', ldflags ='-nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref,ic
f  -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE"  -machine:x86'
    libpth=\lib
    libs=-lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladv
api32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 -l
mpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lmsvcrt
    perllibs=-lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -
ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_3
2 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lmsvcrt
    libc=msvcrt.lib, so=dll, useshrplib=yes, libperl=perl58.lib
    gnulibc_version=''
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '

    cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-mdll -L"C:\Perl\lib\CORE"'

  Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
                        PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS PERL_MALLOC_WRAP
                        PL_OP_SLAB_ALLOC USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_
FILES
                        USE_PERLIO USE_SITECUSTOMIZE
  Locally applied patches:
        ActivePerl Build 820 [274739]
        Iin_load_module moved for compatibility with build 806
        PerlEx support in CGI::Carp
        Less verbose ExtUtils::Install and Pod::Find
        Patch for CAN-2005-0448 from Debian with modifications
        Rearrange @INC so that 'site' is searched before 'perl'
        Partly reverted 24733 to preserve binary compatibility
        29930 win32.c typo in #define MULTIPLICITY
        29868 win32_async_check() can still loop indefinitely
        29690,29732 ANSIfy the PATH environment variable on Wind
ows
        29689 Add error handling to win32_ansipath
        29675 Use short pathnames in $^X and @INC
        29607,29676 allow blib.pm to be used for testing Win32 m
odule
        29605 Implement killpg() for MSWin32
        29598 cwd() to return the short pathname
        29597 let readdir() return the alternate filename
        29590 Don't destroy the Unicode system environment on Pe
rl startup
        29528 get ext/Win32/Win32.xs to compile on cygwin
        29509,29510,29511 Move Win32::* functions into Win32 mod
ule
        29483 Move Win32 from win32/ext/Win32 to ext/Win32
        29481 Makefile.PL changes to compile Win32.xs using cygw
in
        28671 Define PERL_NO_DEV_RANDOM on Windows
        28376 Add error checks after execing PL_cshname or PL_sh
_path
        28305 Pod::Html should not convert "foo" into ``foo''
        27833 Change anchor generation in Pod::Html for '=item i
tem 2'
        27832,27847 fix Pod::Html::depod() for multi-line string
        27719 Document the functions htmlify() and anchorify() i
n Pod::Html
        27619 Bug in Term::ReadKey being triggered by a bug in T
erm::ReadLine
        27549 Move DynaLoader.o into libperl.so
        27528 win32_pclose() error exit doesn't unlock mutex
        27527 win32_async_check() can loop indefinitely
        27515 ignore directories when searching @INC
        27359 Fix -d:Foo=bar syntax
        27210 Fix quote typo in c2ph
        27203 Allow compiling swigged C++ code
        27200 Make stat() on Windows handle trailing slashes cor
rectly
        27133 Initialise lastparen in the regexp structure
        27061 L<PerlIO> and Pod::Html
        27034 Avoid "Prototype mismatch" warnings with autouse
        26970 Make Passive mode the default for Net::FTP
        26921 Avoid getprotobyname/number calls in IO::Socket::I
NET
        26897,26903 Make common IPPROTO_* constants always avail
able
        26670 Make '-s' on the shebang line parse -foo=bar switc
hes
        26637 Make Borland and MinGW happy with change 26379
        26536 INSTALLSCRIPT versus INSTALLDIRS
        26379 Fix alarm() for Windows 2003
        26087 Storable 0.1 compatibility
        25861 IO::File performace issue
        25084 long groups entry could cause memory exhaustion
        24699 ICMP_UNREACHABLE handling in Net::Ping
  Built under MSWin32
  Compiled at Jan 23 2007 15:57:46
  @INC:
    C:/Perl/site/lib
    C:/Perl/lib
    .

C:\namazu\pltests>

EO_PERL_V

C:\namazu\pltests>pltests.pl

I might move this with the unit and what do.
This is not a test program.

Sorry about the confusion.

C:\namazu\pltests>alltests.pl
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/NKF/NKF.dll' for module NKF: l
oad_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/l
ib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

NKF.dll needs the run time of "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1
Redistributable Package (x86)".
Therefore, it is necessary to install "Redist\vcredist_x86.exe".
The error is sure not to occur if this is installed.

I ran the one supplied.  I have run it again with, it seems, no errors.
I now get:

C:\namazu\pltests>perl alltests.pl
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/NKF/NKF.dll' for module NKF: l
oad_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/l
ib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at pltests.pl line 34
Compilation failed in require at pltests.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at pltests.pl line 34.
Compilation failed in require at alltests.pl line 28.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm verify --update NKF
Unknown option: update
Package 'NKF' is up to date.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm version NKF
2.1.6

C:\namazu\pltests>

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm verify NKF
Package 'NKF' is up to date.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm verify PPM
Element 'IMPLEMENTATION' cannot contain a child element 'PROVIDE
' at C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM.pm line 1658.
[...]
Can't locate object method "rvalidate" via package "PPM::XML::PP
D::PROVIDE" at C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/XML/ValidatingElement.pm lin
e 38.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm install PPM
Version 2.1.6 of 'PPM' is already installed.
Remove it, or use 'verify --upgrade PPM'.

This is odd.  You see above that it
  Downloading PPM-2.1.7...done
  Unpacking PPM-2.1.7...done
so it should say 2.1.7, not 2.1.6 now.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm verify --upgrade PPM
[...]

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm remove PPM
Error removing PPM: Package 'PPM' is required by PPM and cannot
be removed

C:\namazu\pltests>

A shame I don't get a true stack trace from PPM.pm.

  1652
  1653  # Spits out the error from parsing, and sets our global
error message
  1654  # accordingly.
  1655  sub parse_err
  1656  {
  1657      &Trace("parse_err: @_") if $options{'TRACE'};
  1658      warn @_;
  1659      $PPM::PPMERR = 'Errors found while parsing document.
';
  1660  }
  1661

so it is just that warn statement.

OK, try re-installing ppm:

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm install PPM
Version 2.1.6 of 'PPM' is already installed.
Remove it, or use 'verify --upgrade PPM'.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm remove PPM
Error removing PPM: Package 'PPM' is required by PPM and cannot
be removed

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm help
Commands:
    exit              - leave the program.
    help [command]    - prints this screen, or help on 'command'
.
    install PACKAGES  - installs specified PACKAGES.
    quit              - leave the program.
    query [options]   - query information about installed packag
es.
    remove PACKAGES   - removes the specified PACKAGES from the
system.
    search [options]  - search information about available packa
ges.
    set [options]     - set/display current options.
    verify [options]  - verifies current install is up to date.
    version           - displays PPM version number

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm query PPM
PPM [2.1.6] Perl Package Manager: locate, install, upgrade softw
are packages.

C:\namazu\pltests>ppm query NKF
NKF [2.07.1]

C:\namazu\pltests>

Maybe I need to get a new Activestate Perl?

        Hugh