Re: MH 6.8.4 on Linux

1996-02-19 16:22:00
Brian Exelbierd  writes:

seems to me, we could work towards more compatible code.  POSIX or
some such.

Exactly!  The only reason MH needs a patch to run on Linux is because
it mucks about inside the FILE structures, something I consider a
MAJOR kludge.

Mentioning the contrib directory makes me wonder if we could move
towards slimming down the mh distribution .... does anyone use all
the stuff.  can we just have the majority stuff included and let
people ftp in their own copy of less if they need it.

I agree with this as well.  Well-supported packages such as less
shouldn't be bundled in.  Give pointers to such things instead and let
people choose to download them.

--[Lance]