Re: miscellany/ cleanup

1996-03-11 16:04:48

On Mar 9, 1996, Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> wrote in fa.mh-workers
:

"Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg(_at_)monkeys(_dot_)com> writes:
The general idea/trend of unbundling components annoys me however.  I hate
to have to scrounge for things that should have been included in the same
distribution with package XXX (where XXX is anything useful you might get
off the net).

  We are not (I don't think) proposing to remove anything vital to
  building MH, rather just the optional add-ons which makes your life
  easier.

This is what I was thinking when I proposed the unbundling.

  Telling where to get these things is a fine compromise.  Ftping
  software isn't a hassle, finding the ftp site with the latest and
  greatest, non-locally-hacked, version is.

This is absolutely true.  I need references to the official sites on a lot of
these packages.  I know someone on this least knows the reference for at least
one of the packages, and we can collectively save me the hours I will spend
finding non-modified updated versions.

bex