Re: nmh, qmail, RedHat

1998-02-20 19:14:03
Richard Coleman writes:
If your Linux box has gdbm, you will need to modify the source
in slocal.c to use those calls instead.  If you don't have some
type of gdbm/ndbm package, you will need to install one to build
nmh (unless you don't want slocal, in which case, just comment it
out of the Makefile in the directly uip).

     Well, this time I'll send this to the list and hopefully clear up
some of the confusion.

     I've recently built and installed nmh on Redhat without
problems. The missing symbols are indeed in libgdbm, but it's not
necessary to go running off and modifying sources. Configuring with:

LIBS=-lgdbm ./configure [configure options]

will work fine, assuming you have a bourne-style shell. Anyone who's
switched to tcsh should use the env program, as illustrated in the
installation instructions.

     Additionally, inc should be installed sgid mail, which requires
manually changing the default permissions after installation.

     Finally, I've packaged nmh-0.22 as an rpm, which may make like
easier for Redhat users. The only thing I have left to do is figure
out wether any of the nmh programs have the install path hardwired in.

-Matt