Re: nmh, qmail, redhat

1998-02-20 19:16:26
Mate Wierdl writes:
1) I think it would be good to mention in INSTALL (or MACHINES) that
  at least on redhat Linux 5.0 one needs to configure as

LIBS=-lgdbm ./configure

A better solution would be to use the library checking features of
autoconf to check for the libs gdbm, ndbm, dbm in order and pick the
correct one, I think.

3) Though I have a components file in my MhMail directory, it is not
  used by Emacs since I put
      (setq mh-comp-formfile "/usr/local/nmh/etc/components")
  in .emacs as suggested by the FAQ.  Of course, I can direct Emacs
  to the right components file, but this does not seem to be flexible
  approach for a sysadm.  So how do I fix mh-e so that it first
  searches for components in ~/MhMail *then* in /usr/local/nmh/etc/
  without users putting anything in their .emacs.

If you're using the stock mh-letter mode the variables you need to set
aremh-progs to the bin directory and mh-lib to the lib directory.

In answer to your question look at
/usr/share/emacs/20.2/lisp/site-init.el and start your lisp hacking
there.

4) While compiling, I got the message
  make[2]: Entering directory
  `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nmh-0.21/zotnet/tws'
  flex -nt ./dtimep.lex | sed -f ./lexedit.sed > dtimep.c
  LEX FAILED: using pre-lexed dtimep.c

Interesting. Mine flexed fine.

5) When I did my first inc I got
  inc: BUG: calling folder_realloc with lo > mp->lowmsg
  but this message never appeared again.

I suspect this was because of your prexisting mailbox, I built it on a
clean system and had no problems at all.