nodashmunging changed to nobitstuffing

1998-05-19 22:26:53
MH has an undocumented feature "-[no]dashmunging" in the commannd
"forw" and "mhl".  This option will suppress the RFC934 quoting
(bit-stuffing) done to a forwarded message.

In nmh, I have changed this (undocumented) feature into the
documented option "-[no]bitstuffing".  I have added it to `forw' as
well as `mhl'.  I have also this same option to `send' and `post', so
that you may control the bitstuffing done to messages sent via "Bcc:"
(these messages are currently always bitstuffed).

The BIG question is whether I should leave the default the same, or
change it so that bitstuffing is not done by default.  Since it is
uncommon to burst RFC934 encapsulated messages these days, I'm
tempted to turn the bitstuffing off by default.

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu