Re: [ANNOUNCE] nmh-0.27 is released

1998-07-09 10:04:12

On Mon, 06 Jul 1998, "Lance A. Brown" wrote:

I am *still* getting segmentation faults from running

flist +inbox -recurse -noshow

As I was pulling 0.27 from the FTP site, 0.26 started doing this to me
again.

in 0.27e, occasionally.  The core dumps show a stack trace in
__libc_free but no useful stack data from any nmh code.

Same thing I got.  I recompiled 0.27 with -ggdb and ran the 0.27
flist.  It worked.  I ran with 0.26.  It worked.  The problem fixed
itself!  Ack!  I've got a version of flist now that I can run through
gdb the next time this happens.

As far as I can tell the seg fault is happening while reading a
context file or .mh_profile.

My strace run still shows that mine bailed out on a directory with no
messages in it, and .mh_sequences had "cur: 1".

Linux 2.1.105, glibc-2.0.6 system.

--
Brandon M. Browning, Benevolent Ruler     Mail brandon+pgp for PGP key
 -*- Making the Internet safer for humans, one spammer at a time. -*-

It is impossible to experience one's death objectively and still carry
a tune.
  -- Woody Allen