Re: what's happening?

2002-05-30 10:30:05
Shantonu Sen <ssen(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> writes:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Ken Hornstein wrote:
If I remember correctly, wasn't there still some problems remaining with
the the code in CVS?  I thought I remember some problems with date
processing.

IMHO, the only problem was with Dan's perception of the date processing.
I thought the changes were fine.

Er, no, it wasn't just "my perception".  The new date parsing code
incorrectly interprets many unofficial but widely-used textual timezones,
like "JST" (Japanese Standard Time).

If you think that it's _that_ important to have correct date handling for
non-standard timezones that don't even seem to be used anymore ... well, I
guess I don't even know what to say in regards to that, other than to
point out that opimizing nmh behavor for _old_ mail seems to be
self-defeating.