folder-specific defaults?

2002-06-27 11:45:34
I was just wondering...I keep running into cases like these:

* I have a folder where I always want to use a different '-form' option for
scan.
  It's my +trash folder where my mailagent mail filtering files suspected spam
and
  other stuff after adding a "X-Trashed-By" header explaining why...so I want to
  see that header value in my scan output.

* I reply to a message in a folder where I file all of the messages from a
mailing
  list.  I want to use a different replcomps that has the email address (in
From &
  Reply-to headers) that I used when I subscribed to the list.

I haven't looked at the code, but a reading of 'scan' and 'mh-profile' man pages
didn't give me any good ideas.  So, I was wondering if anyone's given any
thought
to a scheme where one could put something in a file (either lines in
~/.mh_profile
or some file in the actual folder) that could specify default values for some
options on some commands when processing messages from that folder?

Maybe options in the my ~/Mail/trash/.mh_sequences?

        options-scan: -form scan.trashed
        cur: 4578

(since '-' is used in message ranges, I assume it's not a legal in sequence
names)
where options found there would be processed after (and override) options for
the
'scan' command in ~/.mh_profile?

Just some food for thought...

Scott