Re: folder-specific defaults?

2002-06-27 23:46:47
nmh(_at_)harkless(_dot_)org said:
Well, that's not exactly true.  Hal DeVore, who did the exmh
implementation, said that he agreed it belonged in nmh proper.  I also
expressed that I'd be willing to commit your changes (never got around
to it, though -- one of many items that've been sitting in my
nmh-pending folder waiting for me to get some time to devote --
hopefully I'll have some in the near future).

You're right of course. I hope I didn't sound too negative. :)
I ment to include that there were only positive responses from people
in the exmh. not nmh crowd, apparently even that wouldn't have been
correct. My apologies, Dan.

Coming back to it: Are we almost at a stage with nmh cvs relocation to
consider adding one or more of my changes? Which one would people be
most interested in? I'll use my holiday that's coming up to make a new
cleaned up set of patches.

1- recursive or non-recursive per maildir component files. (We could add
  a recurse option for people like me.)
2- Same for formats for scan etc, I'd be willing to write this if there
  was interest. Apparently Scott has a use for it, anyone else?  Ooh,
  I checked, my patch already does this, I think.
3- Formatted components. So I can do:
        Fcc: %<{folder}%{folder}%> %<{fcc}%{fcc}%> in my components, not
  just replcomps.
4- Folder components escape. See the fcc line above.
5- Userflags and component escapes. A generalized version of -fcc.
  '-userflag fcc=thisfolder' is identical to '-fcc thisfolder'.

Can I have your votes? :) I'll make separate patches, with docs, for
those items that get responses. (Instead of the mega patch that I use
to produce my private .deb that does all of this).

BTW, thanks to all involved for a very nice mailer.

Regards,
Tobias