Re: folder-specific defaults?

2002-06-28 17:40:24

Tobias Nijweide <nmh-workers(_at_)nijweide(_dot_)nl> writes:
nmh(_at_)harkless(_dot_)org said:
5- Userflags and component escapes. A generalized version of -fcc.
  '-userflag fcc=thisfolder' is identical to '-fcc thisfolder'.
Eh?  I don't follow on this one...

If you want to use %dansflag, you can in my version of nmh, by
including '-userflag dansflag=value' on the commandline. When I
added the %fcc, I realized that a more generalized aproach might
have been nicer. With this userflag option you can add any flag
that you can use in your format files.

So it lets you make up your own components, put escapes for them in your
component files, and then supply values for these with this commandline
option?  If so, it ought to be called -usercomponent, not -userflag, no?  I
don't think "flag" is used in this sense in the nmh documentation.

Does it only allow you to specify values for component escapes on components
you've made up, or does it also allow you to override the values of standard
components?  If the latter, -usercomponent isn't accurately descriptive, and
something like -componentval would be better.

--
Dan Harkless
nmh(_at_)harkless(_dot_)org