Re: folder-specific defaults?

2002-06-28 08:28:02
On June 27, 2002 at 22:10, Scott Blachowicz wrote:

All we care about is any argument starting with a '+', so nothing
complex is required.

Actually...that's not quite complete...what we care about is any argument
starting with a '+' that's not an argument to some other argument.

    Usage: scan [+folder] [msgs] [switches]
      switches are:
      -[no]clear
      -form formatfile
      -(forma)t string
      -[no]header
      -width columns
      -[no]reverse
      -(file) file
      -version
      -help

Now what are the odds that the other options will have an argument
that starts with a '+'?

Well, you either have something that is not perfect, but simple, and
will probably work for all uses that you will ever do, or do something
more complicated to handle all possible cases, even if you will never
excercise those cases.

So, checking for those args that take args ought to be straightforward enough

If you have non-folder arguments that start with a '+' (or '@'), and
need to properly handle those, you can either work from what I have
provided or wait for nmh to be patched as mentioned in a separate
sub-thread.

--ewh