Re: folder-specific defaults?

2002-06-27 13:43:25
On June 27, 2002 at 21:54, Tobias Nijweide wrote:

Scott(_dot_)Blachowicz(_at_)seaslug(_dot_)org said:
* I have a folder where I always want to use a different '-form'
option for scan.

Don't have a solution for this. You could code a variant of the patches
I mention below, with (recursive) searching of format files in maildirs.

An alternative is to do some shell scripting (or bash functions if
using bash) to get the desired effect.  For example, you write your
own version of scan that checks the current folder, and then calls
nmh's scan with the proper -form option.

An example:

  #!/bin/sh
  # Change to full pathname to scan
  nmh_scan=/usr/bin/scan

  scan_format=`mhpath`/scan.format
  if [ -r $scan_format ]; then
    exec $nmh_scan -form $scan_format ${1+"$@"}
  else
    exec $nmh_scan ${1+"$@"}
  fi

This script checks if there is a file called scan.format in the
current mail folder, and if so, uses it.

You could something similiar with repl.

To be more robust, the scripts could loop the argument list before
hand to see if a '+folder' argument is specified and to use it
when checking for folder specific format files.  I leave this
as an excercise for the reader :-)

--ewh