Re: folder-specific defaults? [long]

2002-07-04 14:08:00
On July 4, 2002 at 19:19, Tobias Nijweide wrote:

Nmh mails are all numerical-only files. I have not seen any part of
nmh that treats any non-numerical file as an email. Besides hidden
files (I assume you mean files starting with a dot, not hp-ux 9
h-bit files), there are (by default) files starting with a comma
that are backups of deleted emails.

This is not always the case, at least with MH.  The prefix to
use for rmm'ed messages was a configurable option during compilation,
and I actually worked at a place that built MH with a different
value than ','.

Does nmh allow the removed message prefix to be changed?

I haven't written any program
that assumes all files are mails, and I can't believe anybody has
written serious code that does.

I agree.  With my mail archiving program, it defaults to only
numeric files, but can be configured to read other files as well.

--ewh