Re: folder-specific defaults? [long]

2002-07-04 00:03:51

scott(_dot_)blachowicz(_at_)seaslug(_dot_)org said:
You also have to be careful with the recursive search upwards to watch
out for symlinks. If you have something where your nmh directory is ~/
Mail, but that is really a symlink to somewhere else, then doing ".."
from the

I don't do a directory search, but a folder search. So I use nmh's internal
routines to append the foldername to the nmhpath. I do have to think
carefully if I'm not breaking anything with @folders though.

I agree...it might be nice to only have to create one file, but it's
not that big a deal to create links to it. That's what I've done with
that scan wrapper script that we've been playing with lately. In my
+trash folder, I did this:

The problems is 300+ folders, and 7 or more files per folder. I have
components/scan.format/replcomps/forcomps/replgroupcomps/repllistcomps
everywhere, and some others in other dirs. That's 2000 files/symlinks
to manage. Not workable.

Tob