Re: folder-specific defaults? [long]

2002-07-04 15:52:42
Tobias Nijweide <nmh-workers(_at_)nijweide(_dot_)nl> wrote:

I've started on this. I'll make an .mh-profile entry (called
confdir/confpath?) that indicate a subdir of your nmhdir, or a
subdir of your homedir, that will contain per folder defaults.

Wouldn't it be more consistent with other filename specs to have a
relative path be relative to your nmhdir and a path starting with a "/" be
an absolute filename?

You can set this confdir to '/' to get exmh/my behaviour, or

So you would use "." for that.

e.g. '.comps' for a dirtree containing your defaults. I will not
need a commandline flag to turn this behaviour on, because no
profile entry will turn off the feature. Or does anyone need the
ability to do per-use manipulation this feature?

I just had a thought...what if you WANT a components file override on a
shared folder and you want that override for all users of the folder?

How are things handled if you scan a directory that's not under your nmhdir?
For example:

        scan +/home/scott/archives/y2002
        scan +/home/scott/nnml/mail/misc
        ...whatever...

Maybe there needs to be a way to specify a folder-relative "confdir"?

Scott