Re: Questions about nmh 1.1

2002-07-09 11:49:30
   Ken> You mean via POP?  It deletes each message right after it retrieves
   Ken> it,
   Ken> AFAIK.  I think that problem is that according to the POP3 spec,
   Ken> unless you
   Ken> get a clean QUIT, you don't make any changes to the mailbox.

 Hmm. That's probably what I experience.
 I want to sync the mailbox more often than that.

 I guess the obvious hack is to disconnect and reconnect again, but
I wonder if can come up with something else.... perhaps I'll hack the server,
and maybe it is just time for IMAP :-)

FWIW, there's an option to qpopper that will treat an abort like a clean
QUIT, for just these situations.  I'm not sure about other pop servers.