Re: Questions about nmh 1.1

2002-07-08 11:13:28
I'm working on a project to sort of do spam detection on email.  The target
mail system is nmh because it's a whole lot more modular than other mail
systems.  The reason that I say "sort of" is that it's not really a spam
detection system, it's a system to show you your mail in order from most to
least interesting as opposed to some other criteria such as order of arrival.
The system has a simple training interface: after you read a piece of mail
you rank it between -100 and 100.  No complicated expression writing a la
procmail, etc.

That sounds very cool.

I have a set of changes that I'll submit at an appropriate time.  These changes
allow .mh_profile entries that name programs that are executed whenever a piece
of mail is incorporated, removed, or refiled.

Great!

P.S.   I'd still like to see the simplified attachment handling patches that I
      submitted a year ago to be integrated at some time.  Is the next release
      the place to do it or should I wait?

I would say, "Do it now", because I'm encouraging all development to happen
on the head (since I've branched for the 1.1 release).