locking rcvstore?

2002-07-09 14:05:11
I'm just a lurker here, but I'd like to say that I'm glad to see some work
being done to nmh once again.

I lurk because my C skills are poor, but that doesn't mean I can't put in a
request for those who have better C skills.

I always call rcvstore with this wrapper:

#!/bin/bash

PATH=/usr/lib/nmh:$PATH
export PATH

lockfile $HOME/Mail/$1/.lock
echo $@
rcvstore +"$@"
rm -f $HOME/Mail/$1/.lock

and it would be nice if it weren't needed.  Is anyone interested in adding file
locking to rcvstore.  The lockfile executable that I call comes with procmail
and
I suppose it wouldn't be unreasonable to do the locking in a way that was
compatible with procmail.  procmail is under the GPL artistic license, so I
guess
you can't just borrow the code due to license pollution, but how hard could
lockfile be to implement?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  World War III:  The Wrong-Doers Vs. the Evil-Doers.