Re: Using web browser mail agent as nmh message viewer

2002-07-29 06:42:22
Jerry Peek <jpeek(_at_)jpeek(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi, all.

Hi Jerry,

I've decided to try going back to using nmh commands like show,
rmm, etc. as my first-pass mail interface... and to use Mozilla's
mail agent to display the MIME messages I want to see.  (I know
that I could also use exmh.  But I typically keep two main windows
open on my display: a tall terminal window and a stack of Mozilla
windows.  Also, Mozilla does a much better job of rendering web
pages, handling links, etc. than exmh [used to do].)

Since you mention exmh as an alternative that's not quite good enough,
I'll make it my duty (as an mh-e developer) to mention that mh-e now
handles MIME quite well.  See an example screen shot at:

 http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/screenshots/

I know that users who prefer the command line will stick to it and won't
want to use mh-e, but at least you can fire up Emacs and mh-e to read
your MH mail in it's native format without changing anything.  So it's a
solution to consider for MIME stuff.

Peter