Re: Using web browser mail agent as nmh message viewer

2002-07-29 21:06:41
On July 29, 2002 at 03:39, Bryan Chan wrote:

If you are using command-line tools to begin with, why not configure nmh to
use a text browser like links or w3m. In ~/.mh_profile, I have:

mhshow-show-text/html: %llinks %F

links uses ~/.mailcap to find out how to display pictures. I find that this i
sufficient for everyday use; I rarely (if ever) need to use mozilla for email
with HTML.

Agreed, but Jerry's message seems to imply that he wants to see
the hole message in a manner similiar to a GUI client, with images
shown inline and convenient links to attachments (which may have nothing
to do with HTML).

I personally use w3m for displaying HTML messages:

  mhshow-show-text/html: w3m -T text/html
  mhshow-show-text/x-html: w3m -T text/html

(Note, latest versions of w3m can display images if running under a
 xterm.)

Once in a while, it would be nice to have a multipart message
shown in one continuous "chunk" when using the command-line
nmh interface (which I always do), but this would probably require
a custom pager.

--ewh