Re: Improving attachment viewing

2002-11-20 19:00:06
    Date:        Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:13:56 -0800
    From:        Jon Steinhart <jon(_at_)fourwinds(_dot_)com>

  | What I'd like to be able to do is:

As long as it is just "be able", and was controlled by something
like
        next: -part
in .mh_profile, then I don't see what harm it would do.   I know that
what I want is ...

  |     % inc
  |      <scan output>
  |     % show

followed by the next command as "rmm" - if a message has attachments,
then it is 99% certain that I want to delete it, looking at none of them.
On the odd occasion that I want them, then I almost always want to save the
things, and then perhaps look at the copy I have saved (that way I both get
to see the content, and know that the saved copy is what I want to keep).

Preventing "show" (aka next, prev) from ever attempting to display attachments
would be a great (as an option, or just as the default, imnsho).

kre

ps: mangling the scan listing with attachments is the very last thing I'd
want - attachments aren't just like other messages, most of the time they're
unwanted trash (or the equivalent, vcards, signatures, ...)