Re: Improving attachment viewing

2002-11-21 03:30:04
On 20 Nov, Jon Steinhart wrote:

Disagreement is good.  I do it too!  If I get a message with 20 photos
attached, I hate having to hit Ctrl-C 20 times just to get to the next
message.  And I also have problems with multiple text parts since the
way things get exec'd I haven't found a reasonable way to pipe the whole
pile through a pager; short body parts that come before long ones scroll
off the top of the screen.

I do that with:
  showmimeproc: pagelast
  mhshow: -nopause
in .mh_profile
and the pagelast script does:
  mhshow "$@"|less

But I don't have it display attachments like photos automatically: my
actual pagelast script displays just the text parts and also does
an mhlist.

I quite like your next redefinition idea provided an option to next can
specify whether or not to select attachments or skip to the next
message. Would be good if it could even cope with attachments in
message/rfc822 attachments.

What bothers me more about mime handling is the lack of formatting of
messages before quoting the message in a reply.

Oliver

recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied,
disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended
copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.