Re: Improving attachment viewing

2002-11-20 10:30:11
Jon Steinhart <jon(_at_)fourwinds(_dot_)com> wrote:

Where we're had to move away from nmh towards gnus is in MIME
composition (e.g. for the ability to specify inline/attachment).

You might want to look at the attachment stuff that I checked in a while
back.  I implemented it in such a way that it could easily be incorporated
into MH-E.

Great, Thanks.

It might be nice to be able to output a character in a scan column if
attachments are present.  MH-E could even replace that character with a
paperclip glyph or something to pretty it up.

Seems to me that my notion of scanning attachments is getting the most
attention here, even though it's not the most important part to me.

Sorry, I know.  I was really only commenting on the MH-E implications.
We could use a MIME attachment marker in scan output, but we won't be
using any nmh method to display message parts since we do that part in
elisp.  So go ahaed and add features in order to better display MIME
parts from the shell (that's great!), but we won't need nor use them in
MH-E.
--
Peter S. Galbraith, MH-E developer
GPG key 1024/D2A913A1 - 97CE 866F F579 96EE  6E68 8170 35FF 799E