Re: pick question

2003-07-01 08:31:12
    Date:        Tue, 01 Jul 2003 07:58:39 -0700
    From:        Jerry Peek <jpeek(_at_)jpeek(_dot_)com>

  | I'm not on a system with MH right now, so I can't play around to check
  | it... but I think you want to use sequence-negation.

No, that doesn't work for the purpose intended.   That is, sequence-negation
works just fine, but just produces a list of messages.   So, assuming

        sequence-negation: ^

then
        pick [whatever] a ^b

scans all of the messages that are either in sequence a, or are not in
sequence b.   Not the messages that are both in sequence a and not in
sequence b.   There's no way (I've ever been aware of) in (n)mh to
remove a message from the arg list once you have caused it to be included
there.

kre