Re: [Nmh-workers] RC3

2004-02-26 21:30:05
Be sure to also do step 2 from README.developers process (a ChangeLog entry
to mark the release of the version in question).

Good point; thanks for the pointer.

Hmm.  Okay, I see, /usr/include/sasl.h is the 1.5 version of the header, and
/usr/include/sasl/sasl.h is the 2.1 version.  I presume this happens if you
install Cyrus 2.1 with some kind of 1.x compatibility turned on or
something?

No, definately not.  There's no compatibility for the old SASL API.
Is there a /usr/lib/libsasl.* ?  This sounds like a RedHat-ism.

Does 2.1 always install sasl.h in a "sasl" subdirectory?  If so,
you could change it from #include <sasl.h> to #include <sasl/sasl.h> to get
around the problem.

No, traditionally (installing it from the SASL distribution) it gets
installed in $(prefix)/include.  Sigh, another RedHat difference.

Otherwise, some autoconf support will be necessary.

Since you can specify CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/sasl, I don't think it's
critical right now.  I'd really rather push 1.1 out the door at this
stage, since it's been so delayed.