[Nmh-workers] Mailutils status + wish for easier RPM packaging

2004-09-18 14:21:41
Download the GNU mailutils tarball from your nearest GNU mirror and
there's a directory mh with files README and TODO which gives the
status.  On the reading side it seems to be reasonably complete.  Here
is a link to the HEAD revisions of those files from their CVS archive.

README:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/mailutils/mailutils/mh/README?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
TODO:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/mailutils/mailutils/mh/TODO?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Whilst I'm taking up your mail time; I wish for easier RPM packaging.
As such I've put in bugs on Savannah (it seemed the right way at the
time) for making it easier to create an RPM package from nmh.  The
changes are pretty mild

- allow installation to a different location from the final install
location through makefile changes

- add a SPEC file to the tarball which will be ignored most of the time,
but allow people to build an rpm directly from the tarball

This would make packaging for RedHat, Fedora, SUSE and so on be trivial
with very little further effort.   Please include this to a 1.1.1
release..

        Michael