Re: [Nmh-workers] Nmh status - working on nmh

2004-09-21 10:55:33
From:  Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>
Date:  Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:20:02 -0700

Chad Walstrom <chewie(_at_)wookimus(_dot_)net> wrote:

Neil W Rickert wrote:
nmh is rotten at the core.  There is a lot of cruft, and probably
buffer overflows galore in the many library routines.

Please excuse my blasphemous inquiry.  Has anyone looked at the GNU
project "mailutils"?

Yes, we (the MH-E project) have added GNU mailutils support so its MH
support appears to be complete. I haven't personally used it though.

I don't know if GNU mailutils would be a good next-generation nmh or
not. Perhaps someone might be able to expand upon this.

When I looked a while back, it appeared that just enough had been implemented
to support MH-E, but not enough to support exmh.

Clearly someone with the required C skills needs to get inspired to flesh out
other parts of the package so the other MH front ends can work.

Sadly, that person isn't me.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               1611-B West 6th Street

512-322-0180                            http://www.trinsics.com

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?

                          Trinsic Solutions