Re: [Nmh-workers] outstanding patches

2005-05-22 10:13:25
--- Harald Geyer <Harald(_dot_)Geyer(_at_)gmx(_dot_)at> wrote:

Well, I feel the Debian policy actually makes some sense, but
I have no idea what other people do/need ...

I'd agree.

6 (143485) : "#define vfork fork" on linux. Should be harmless
enough

I see you have already committed that patch. I believe this was a
bad idea: It seems you haven't got the point of the bug - I'm not
sure whether the Debian maintainer did.

I was unsure about this one, partly because I don't understand it well
enough. I'll back out the change. In part, my thinking was that at
least if I stuck it in, the issue wouldn't be forgotten and someone who
does understand it might fix it properly. Judging by the vfork(2) man
page on Linux, I'm assuming it is just being used because at some point
in the past the small performance gain was worth it.

Sorry

Oliver