Re: [Nmh-workers] [nmh-1.2] a serious bug in the nmh configure script

2005-12-21 22:43:25
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2005/12/21/0006.html

In short, the configure script has some lines that use what seems the
wrong operator (==).  NetBSD complains when running "./configure",
OpenBSD does not complain.  In any case, the "config.h" file made by
the configure script is wrong in both operating systems.  slocal.c is
unable to find the ndbm.h header file in the right place (/usr/include
in both cases):

The problem is in aclocal.m4. Change the "==" to "=" and autoreconf.
Regarding finding ndbm.h, I don't fully understand why the logic in
the file is the way it is. The DB_DBM_HSEARCH doesn't actually appear
to be used anywhere, so I can't comment on why it looks for db.h "before"
looking for ndbm.h.

At last, I am very sorry for not providing feedback on this issue
before nmh-1.2 was released.  I certainly did not expect nmh-1.2
released too early and the fourth release candidate of nmh-1.1
worked fine, as previous releases did.  By the way, what happened
to nmh-1.1?  ;-)

This problem wasn't present with 1.2-RC1, so there's no reasonable way
we could have picked it up, IMHO. Don't know why the change was introduced
for 1.2 without further testing, although I recall some discussion about
gdbm in the last couple of weeks.

Cheers,

        - Joel