[Nmh-workers] Re: exciting new stuff for 2.0

2005-12-22 10:37:55
Harald Geyer <Harald.Geyer@gmx.at> writes:

So what exactly are the plans for 2.0?

I think the more important question is: Which of the various plans that
people have, need a major effort before the can be released and which
things can drip in as they get done? For the later i think Jon's
approach of "Do whatever you like to see!" is just the right thing.

That will be the reality too ;-). The thing is to get the ideas out
there and get people excited to do them.

Here are some things I'd like to see, in increasing order of complexity:

All excellent.

Would this really be useful? I think to pick one thread but sort it
by Date rather than as tree is much more natural for ML discussions.

Some threads spawn sub-threads. You might be interested in some
sub-threads but not others.

MH-E does threading, so if such a feature were added to nmh, we could
(eventually) take out our support. We've also added indexing, which
could be added to nmh. I'm trying to think of more MH-E features we've
added that could well be in nmh, but I'm drawing a blank. Need coffee.